Here are some fun activities I do and the calories burned out of them. Maybe you’ll want to do the same. Check it out….
1. Gardening – I clean my garden, water the flowers, plant seeds, trim shrubs, watch my blooming flowers, etc. Gardening during these seasons is fun and gives me lots of enjoyment. It is like a workout as I burn about 100-120 calories in 30 minutes gardening.
2. Bicycling -I love doing this activity. I can go anywhere I want as far as I can reach. This is like a low impact workout. But I don’t really go far, most of the time it is just in the neighborhood area. After riding about 30 minutes, I will have burned about 300 calories. This is a great way to stay in shape.
3. Trekking – I like to go trekking at a conservation park. It is fun and I enjoy the nice scenery; I also burn off some calories. For these activities I need more preparation because I have to wear a special outfit and need to do more warming up exercise to avoid cramps while climbing high area. For 30 minutes of trekking I burn about 350 calories.
4. Swimming – This is a fun way to stay cool during hot season. I go to the beach and indoor pools, depending on my schedule. However, I prefer swimming in the sea. It burns off my calories at about 300 in 30 minutes.
5. Water Skiing – This is a more rare activity I do. But, once in a while I go with my friends. It can help me build my upper and lower body muscles. From this activity, I’ll lose about 200 calories in 30 minutes.